It is the legal entity authorized to manage, administer, supervise, promote and develop one or more free zones, as well as to qualify its users. In development of the above, the Operator User will monitor and control the merchandise under customs control and will authorize the entry and exit operations thereof, without prejudice to compliance with what is established in the Customs regulation. Art 4 decree 2147 of 2016.
Industrial user of goods
It is the legal entity installed exclusively in one or more free zones, authorized to produce, transform or assemble goods, through the processing of raw materials or semi-finished products.
Industrial user of services
Is the legal entity authorized to develop exclusively, in one or several free zones, among others, the following activities:
- Logistics, transportation, handling, distribution, packaging, re-packaging, bottling, labeling or classification.
- Telecommunications, information technology systems for capture, processing, storage and transmission of data, and organization, management or operation of the database.
- Scientific and technological research.
- Medical, dental and general health care.
- Repair, cleaning or quality testing of goods.
- Technical support, maintenance and repair of equipment, naves, aircraft or machinery.
- Audit, administration, brokerage, consulting or similar.
It is the legal entity authorized to develop activities of marketing, commercialization, storage or conservation of goods, in one or more free zones.
They are companies that can develop activities such as surveillance services, maintenance, daycare, cafeterias, financial institutions, restaurants, training, basic medical attention of employees, transport of employees, and other services that are required to support the operation of the free zone. frank These companies will not enjoy the incentives of the Free Zones Users, and will be subject to the provided controls for the handling and control of merchandise. The support companies will not be able to carry out activities that involve the social object development of the free zone qualified users.
Natural or legal persons service
Natural or legal persons that provide some services required for the development of the social purpose of a user in a free zone, without implying that these people can develop the entire activity for which the industrial or commercial user was qualified or authorized. These people will not enjoy the incentives of the free zones users and will be subject to the provided controls for the handling and control of goods.